National Reconciliation Week
National Reconciliation Week is held annually from 27 May to 3 June. CPSU members around the country are sharing their support for reconciliation.
This year’s Reconciliation Week theme, More than a word.
Reconciliation takes action, urges all of us to be braver in our support of reconciliation. One small action you can do today is to take a selfie with one of these posters available to download here and send to email@example.com so we can share them on CPSU social media pages.
- I support a treaty
- I support truth telling about Australia’s history
- I support a change to the constitution that recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- In 1967 we were counted, In 2017 we sought to be heard, 2021 we take ACTION
- I support the Uluru Statement from the Heart
What is the NATSIC?
The National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Caucus (NATSIC) is a CPSU member network that provides a united voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander members, delegates, activists and workers. It does this by:
- Sharing ideas, advice and information with fellow Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander members
- Developing specific claims relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees in APS agreement bargaining
- Giving input and policy recommendations into CPSU Governing Council on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander issues
- Providing information to develop submissions on government reviews and budgets.
Check back here for the latest news on issues affecting CPSU Aboriginal and Torres Strait members. To ensure you receive emails from the CPSU on indigenous issues email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask that your CPSU record indicates that you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.