Applications open in November each year for the CPSU's annual grants program to help members further their career through study. Applications for study grants for 2019/20 are open and will close on Friday, 31 January 2020.
Up to 10 CPSU members are eligible for a grant of up to $2500 to go towards the cost of studying a course at a tertiary level that will help improve their skills and qualifications in their work.
The grants program provides valuable support to members
Formal education is an important part of career development for many people. This program is a great way to provide practical support for some of our members. The CPSU wants to see our members be among the best and brightest in their workplace and the grant is a great way of enabling them to reach their potential.
Criteria for the CPSU Skills/Qualifications Grants Program:
- Grants will be available to CPSU members undertaking undergraduate, postgraduate or vocational study at a recognised tertiary institution.
- Participants will need to demonstrate the relevance of the proposed course of study to their career development in CPSU membership areas. Grants are not available to associate members.
- CPSU grants are not available for study costs already funded by an employer under a study leave or similar scheme.
- Grants may be used to cover course fees, texts, or other study materials and costs.
- Payment will be made on production of invoices or receipts for expenditure.
- Nominations will be assessed by a panel consisting of one member of the Executive Committee and four members of the Governing Council.
- The CPSU will call for nominations each November.
- Grants are only available once per member.