A short time ago, the ATO announced its decision on accommodation arrangements across South Queensland. This has been a long awaited announcement which may have relieved some, and be a cause of worry and uncertainty for others.
The CPSU will support and represent all members throughout this process. If you are a member and are concerned, please speak with one of your site CPSU delegates, or call our Member Service Centre on 1300 137 636.
What has been confirmed:
- There will be a new Brisbane ATO lease in a site currently under development (152 Wharf Street) but will not be ready until early 2021;
- The UMG lease has been extended, with the option of staying until December 2025, and there will be a refurbishment as the current set up does not lend itself to activity based work;
- The Chermside lease has been extended until the completion of 152 Wharf Street in early 2021;
- There will be no refurbishment of 55 Elizabeth Street, however there will be a restack across all sites.
What hasn’t been confirmed:
- If, and how, a hardship panel will be established - we will pursue our members' request to have a CPSU representative on such panel;
- What teams, business lines or work types will be at each location;
- The fit out design concepts of the sites;
- Whether you will be afforded paid time meetings with your union;
- Any finer details...
The ATO has now provided the CPSU office with all information you have received today, and hasagreed to meet with your representatives next week to discuss members' concerns. This will include delegates from each of the South Queensland sites.
Please let us know your immediate thoughts or feedback by either speaking to your local CPSU delegate, or emailing email@example.com.
Become involved in what is likely to be a lengthy, and very important consultative process about your future work location.