Applications are once again open for the CPSU's annual grants program to help members further their career through study.
Up to 10 CPSU members will be eligible for a grant of up to $2500 to go towards the cost of studying a course at tertiary level that will help improve their skills and qualifications in their work.
The CPSU Skills/Qualifications Grants Program was initiated as a pilot seven years ago and has since been adopted as an ongoing initiative by CPSU Governing Council. CPSU Assistant National Secretary Michael Tull said the grants program was providing valuable support to members.
“Formal education is an important part of career development for many people. This program is a great way to provide practical support for some of our members.”
“We want to see our members be among the best and brightest in their workplace and the grant is a great way of enabling them to reach their potential.”
Criteria for the CPSU Skills/Qualifications Grants Program:
- Grants will be available to CPSU members undertaking undergraduate, post graduate or vocational study at a recognised tertiary institution.
- Participants will need to demonstrate the relevance of the proposed course of study to their career development in CPSU membership areas. Grants are not available to associate members.
- CPSU grants are not available for study costs already funded by an employer under a study leave or similar scheme.
- Grants may be used to cover course fees, texts, or other study materials and costs.
- Payment will be made on production of invoices or receipts for expenditure.
- Nominations will be assessed by a panel consisting of one member of the Executive Committee and four members of the Governing Council.
- The CPSU will call for nominations each November.
- Grants are only available once per member.
How to apply
A copy of the application form is attached at right.