RSVP to your CPSU organiser so we can kepe in touch about where to meet your fellow CPSU members on the day, and check the most up to date info about your local rally at CHANGETHERULES.ORG.AU
Perth - 18 October, Solidarity Park, 11:00am Email CPSU organiser firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP
Melbourne - 23 October, Trades Hall, 10:30am Email CPSU organiser Eleanor Kennedy email@example.com to RSVP!
Sydney - 23 October, Belmore Park, 12:00pm Email the CPSU office firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP!
Wollongong - 23 October, Wollongong Mall, 12:00pm Email the CPSU office email@example.com to RSVP!
Gladstone - 23 October, Marina Parklands Area E, 12:00pm RSVP
Cairns - 23 October, Fogarty Park Sound Shell, 12:30pm RSVP
Mackay - 23 October, Bluewater Quay, 12:00pm RSVP
Rockhampton - 23 October, Riverside Park Auditorium, 5:00pm RSVP
Townsville - 23 October, Strand Park, 5:00pm RSVP
Darwin - 24 October, Cnr McMillans Rd and Rothdale Rd near Senator Scullions office, 4:00 to 5.30pm Email Katrina.Bussenschutt@cpsu.org.au to RSVP!
Hobart - 24 October, Franklin Square, 3:00pm Email CPSU organiser Robyn Huston Robyn.Huston@cpsu.org.au to RSVP!
Launceston - 24 October, Ockerby Gardens, 3:00pm RSVP on Facebook or email CPSU organiser Robyn Huston Robyn.Huston@cpsu.org.au to RSVP!
Burnie - 24 October, North West Regional Hospital, 3:00pm RSVP on Facebook or email CPSU organiser Robyn Huston Robyn.Huston@cpsu.org.au to RSVP!
Adelaide - 25 October, Parliament House, 12:00pm Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP!
Newcastle, 30 October, Newcastle Town Hall, 10:00am Email the CPSU office email@example.com to RSVP!
Brisbane - 20 November, Emma Miller Place, 12:30pm RSVP
Canberra - 20 November, Fair Work Commission, 12:30pm RSVP
Here is the CPSU’s advice for attending:
You probably have questions about whether you can attend the rally. The answer is yes! You do, however, have to ensure you have flex or annual leave in order to be able to attend.
- Like any citizen, public servants can engage in political activity, including lawful protests and rallies.
- To attend a rally during your normal working hours, you need to use flex or annual leave. You should follow the usual procedures for leave approval for your workplace.
- As with any other application for flex or annual leave, you do not need to advise your supervisor of the reason for the leave.
- The Fair Work Ombudsman has put out advice warning workers not to take unprotected industrial action to attend the rally. If you use flex or annual leave to cover your attendance, then you are not engaging in industrial action.
- If you need further assistance from the union in relation to your application to take leave to attend the rally, please call the CPSU Member Service Centre on 1300 137 636.