Many rallies have already taken place and been a huge success, Brisbane and Canberra are still to come.
If you have already attended a rally or were unable to attend, make sure you sign up to the campaign here to get the latest news and updates about events in your area.
RSVP to your CPSU organiser so we can keep in touch about where to meet your fellow CPSU members on the day, and check the most up to date info about your local rally at CHANGETHERULES.ORG.AU
Brisbane - 20 November, Emma Miller Place, 12:30pm Email the CPSU office email@example.com to RSVP
Canberra - 20 November, Fair Work Commission, 12:30pm RSVP
Here is the CPSU’s advice for attending:
You probably have questions about whether you can attend the rally. The answer is yes! You do, however, have to ensure you have flex or annual leave in order to be able to attend.
- Like any citizen, public servants can engage in political activity, including lawful protests and rallies.
- To attend a rally during your normal working hours, you need to use flex or annual leave. You should follow the usual procedures for leave approval for your workplace.
- As with any other application for flex or annual leave, you do not need to advise your supervisor of the reason for the leave.
- The Fair Work Ombudsman has put out advice warning workers not to take unprotected industrial action to attend the rally. If you use flex or annual leave to cover your attendance, then you are not engaging in industrial action.
- If you need further assistance from the union in relation to your application to take leave to attend the rally, please call the CPSU Member Service Centre on 1300 137 636.