The CPSU has written to the ABC this afternoon seeking information on various matters regarding Omicron and the ABC’s COVID-safe plans in each of the states and territories.
Regrettably we are starting the year with more COVID uncertainty but we will continue to work with your employer to ensure you are provided with up to date accurate information about your rights and your safety at work.
Information sought includes:
- What changes have been made to COVID safety plans for onsite or field workers in each jurisdiction?
- What is the notification process to ABC employees when there has been a COVID positive employee or contractor in their workplace?
- Will the ABC be providing Rapid Antigen Testing for employees who are onsite or in the field? If yes, when?
- What are the amended risk assessments for worksites outside of NSW, VIC and ACT, and also for ABC roles?
- What stage of the COVID Recovery Road Map is each state and territory presently at?
- Who should employees contact to arrange recrediting their annual leave due to illness from COVID? If you get sick during approved annual leave, you are able to change your annual leave to personal/carers leave instead, so long as you have sufficient personal leave credit. The number of ABC employees in this situation is likely to increase over the coming weeks.
Updated information will be circulated to members in a table as soon as it is made available.
In the meantime, if you have an immediate concerns please call the CPSU member hotline on 1300 137 636.