With parts of NSW significantly impacted by heavy rainfall and flooding, our thoughts and solidarity are with all those who have been affected.

If you are affected and need help, your union is here for you

Workplaces have a responsibility to ensure their workers are safe whether in the office or working from home.

Your Health and Safety Representative (HSR) can have direct input into how your workplace responds, including how work can continue safely. We encourage affected members to raise concerns with your HSR or the union.

We expect agencies and employers to take a reasonable approach, and the CPSU can provide support and advice to any member impacted.

The CPSU will work with delegates over the coming days regarding ongoing arrangements in areas significantly affected.

Speak to your HSR, workplace delegate, organiser, or contact the CPSU Member Service Centre on 1300 137 636 if you need immediate advice or support regarding workplace safety or emergency leave entitlements.

If it is unsafe for you to travel to work, please do not do so and get advice. And of course, if you find yourself in an unsafe situation contact emergency services.