Keeping you safe at work is critically important.
As National Safe Work Month comes to an end, we are again taking the time to thank all the essential services workers including but not limited to those working in health, borders, quarantine, and Services Australia. Under extreme pressure and personal risk, they’ve kept working throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
We also thank the union delegates and HSRs who have worked tirelessly to keep workplaces safe. Working together through the union, they have continued to ensure everyone is safe at work.
If safe workplaces are important to you, now is the time to join your union and be part of our important workplace health and safety campaigns.
Together, our members, delegates and HSRs have achieved so much during these difficult and unpredictable times -
- Developed hundreds of COVID Workplace Safety plans.
- Ensured workers have paid leave when in isolation or quarantine.
- Campaigned so workers can get vaccinated on paid work time.
- Negotiated better working from home policies.
- Helped vulnerable members secure flexible work arrangements.
- Supported employers to respond to COVID outbreaks and implement Public Health Orders.
- Conducted WHS Inspections to identify improvements and investigate safety breaches.
As a union member, you can also access advice and support by getting in touch with your local CPSU delegate, HSR, or contacting the CPSU Member Service Centre on 1300 137 636.
Union members know the value of unity when times are tough. Join us to make us stronger together.