Every October during National Safe Work month, we renew our focus on safety at work. Your health and safety is always the highest priority for our union.
Thank you for all you have done over the last year and a half to keep people safe. Throughout the pandemic union members, delegates and Health and Safety Representatives have worked tirelessly to make changes in their workplaces and working arrangements to ensure people are safe.
Alongside thousands of other frontline workers, our members in borders, quarantine, Services Australia and Health have also been vital in keeping the whole community safe.
You can show your thanks by sharing this Facebook post.
What we’ve achieved together
Together, we have achieved so much during these difficult and unpredictable times. Our union’s COVID 19 Pandemic response is led by hundreds of CPSU Health and Safety representatives and CPSU delegates across the nation. Together, we have:
- Developed hundreds of COVID Workplace Safety plans.
- Ensured members have paid leave when in isolation or quarantine.
- Campaigned so members can get vaccinated on paid work time.
- Negotiated better working from home policies.
- Helped vulnerable members secure flexible work arrangements.
- Supported employers to respond to COVID outbreaks and implement Public Health Orders.
- Conducted WHS Inspections to identify improvements and investigate safety breaches.
Where can you get advice and support?
This Safe Work month sign in to your new Member Portal and have a look at the Workplace Health and Safety resources.
- Your Health and Safety Representative/s.
- Know your WHS rights factsheets.
- Mindset Matters: Making workplace mental health a priority.
- Workplace posters on WHS laws.
- All our latest WHS news and media.
- COVID related health and safety resources – including return to work checklist, COVID-aware workplaces kit, and results from our vaccination survey.
- Working from home resources – including factsheets on your WFH rights, as well as agency policy scorecards and comparisons.
For advice and support, you can also get in touch with your local CPSU delegate, HSR, or contact our Member Service Centre on 1300 137 636.
We have a big job ahead of us over coming months. With hundreds of passionate HSRs and workplace delegates leading the way, I know together we will ensure safe workplaces as governments implement the National COVID Transition Plan.
As union members we know the value of unity when times are tough. The overwhelming majority of workers are getting vaccinated, and the priority should be on assisting them to get that done. Our own surveys already put our membership well ahead of the national average in terms of getting the jab. To protect our communities everyone who can, should get vaccinated.