Your health and wellbeing is union business
Our WHS campaign at NIAA is focused on ensuring your workloads are
manageable, you have role clarity, and that the Agency is resourced to do
the important work you do for Indigenous Australians and communities.
CPSU members are making progress on safe workloads and role clarity
In good news, we have secured several important commitments from NIAA following recommendations in our WHS report on workloads.
- NIAA communicated to staff acknowledging workload/workflow issues, and to encourage conversations with managers to assist you with work pressures.
- NIAA commitment they support you not taking on more than you can handle, and to seek manager support to deal with excess workload and unreasonable work pressures.
- NIAA conducted an all-staff survey that included questions about workloads in March 2022 and has committed to work with CPSU on its findings once released.
- NIAA commitment to finalise developing Position Descriptions for all roles by the end of June 2022 and to consulting with workers and the CPSU ahead of finalising.
We will need to continue consulting with members as we monitor progress on these commitments, and advocate for the NIAA and all public services to have the staff and resources you need.
We want workloads that are safe, realistic and achievable - all proven to make work more satisfying, productive and balanced.
What if you have an immediate workload concern?
- Send this short email to your manager seeking a review. Make sure to copy in NIAA’s WHS team and your CPSU team at [email protected]
- Call the CPSU Member Service Centre for advice and support on 1300 137 636.
- If you are not already a member, join today to help resource and support our campaigns for safe workloads and adequate resourcing.