Thank you for your all your hard work and support over the past year. Your membership has made a real difference to the lives of many people in our community. Before we take much deserved breaks and enjoy the holidays with our families and loved ones, it’s a good time to reflect on some of what we’ve done together this year across our movement and for us to get ready for what promises to be a huge year next year with bargaining fast approaching.
Here at CSL over the past year we have:
- Worked collaboratively in negotiating a new CAS for the FLU and AVAT Departments. We are currently working through the draft guidelines and have provided feedback on this in the hope of resolving this issue in the new year.
- Won a commitment from the Director of Flu to engage more permanent staff.
- Supported our members around changes to rosters.
- Welcomed and trained two new Delegates, Sam Fawcett and Anna Magnion, to our dynamic delegate team.
- Assisted many individual members with advice and support to deal with personal issues.
As we are part of large union with the majority of members in the public service. I think it’s important to highlight some of the key things we have won for our members across the public service:
- Restored significant enterprise agreement content and reinstate key rights that are important to members.
- Exposed Government not taking its own Gender Equality Advice
- Won an additional $48.5 million over three years to support our national cultural collections through our #FundOutCulture campaign
- Won an additional 2,000 ongoing jobs to boost Centrelink and other services
- Launched petition to oppose outsourcing of Centrelink call centres
- Raised over $1800 for Lifeline as part of our campaign for mentally healthy workplaces.
- Stood up against the Robodebt debacle
- Defeated proposed cuts to Paid Parental Leave
- Joined in the release of the People’s Inquiry into Privatisation report
It was also a big year for the wider union movement. Together as a movement we have stood strong and have:
- Stood up against cuts to penalty rates
- Launched our union-wide Change the Rules campaign
- Stood up for paid domestic and family leave as part of the We Won’t Wait campaign
- Defeated Streets’ attempted 46% pay cut
- Halted and won back pay after Chin Chin’s wage theft
As you can see when we come together we can make a real difference.
Next year we’ll need to be bigger and stronger to win
In order to be successful at bargaining we need to grow our union and we need to work together to ensure we get an outcome we deserve. If you would like to a play a more involved role with the bargaining campaign please get in touch with myself or one of your delegates. We will talk you through the role. Please ask a non-member colleague to join us and to become part of the team supporting working people at CSL.
Watch out in the new year for some exciting events to kick bargaining off.
Thank you for being part of our movement this year
We wish you all the best for the holidays and New Year. And we look forward to working with you in 2018 to continue to make our workplaces, our services and our community better.