Services Australia has introduced measures to reduce the need for members to move in or out of the current COVID-19 hotspots in the 6 Melbourne Local government areas (LGAs).
The six LGAs that have been identified are Casey, Brimbank, Moreland, Darebin, Hume, and Cardinia.
We all appreciate that this announcement about Victorian COVID infection rates in these areas raises concerns and could be distressing for all of us in Services Australia.
It is reassuring that an increased effort is being made to ensure Services Australia workers are provided with a safe work environment by being able to work from home or not have to travel into the identified areas wherever possible.
Services Australia has provided advice for workers who work or live in these areas. A summary of the advice to manage safe staff movement and facilitate of work from home arrangements, is:
- If you live and work in any identified LGA, you can continue to attend work in person.
- If you live in a non-affected LGA but work in an affected LGA, you should work from home if possible, unless there is space available at an alternative site in a non-affected LGA. Please ask your manager about your options for working at an alternative site.
- If you live in an affected LGA but work in a non-affected LGA, you should work from home if possible, unless there is space available at an alternative site within your LGA. Please ask you manager about your options for working at a suitable alternative site.
The document here also provides an FAQ and further details from Services Australia on managing your work arrangements and the local Melbourne metro outbreaks.
Services Australia workplaces at these addresses are affected:
- 16-22 Pearcedale Pde, Broadmeadows
- 172-186 Moreland Rd, Brunswick
- 7-9 Codrington St, Cranbourne
- 71-73 Webb St, Narre Warren
- 25 Treloar Lane, Pakenham
- 251 Murray Rd, Preston
- 33-37 Evans St, Sunbury
- 1 Devonshire Rd, Sunshine
- 103 Harvester Rd, Sunshine
- 399 Melton Hwy, Taylors Lakes
You can access support
If you need further information or support, please don’t hesitate to contact your local CPSU organiser or delegate, or call our Member Service Centre on 1800 137 636 for assistance.