New bargaining offer tabled by ABC Managing Director.
The ABC’s Managing Director has tabled a new offer in the meeting with CPSU-MEAA on Monday 6 March.
The CPSU is working to lock in paid time meetings to consult with union members about the revised offer.
The CPSU and MEAA are eager to for joint-union meetings where possible, however the MEAA’s planned work stoppage on Tuesday 7 March may not make this feasible in all areas.
Collective action Tuesday 7 March: All CPSU members are urged to show your support for one another and your solidarity with MEAA members by wearing red to work on Tuesday 7 March.
You can find instructions and an FAQ about other industrial action that is planned for tomorrow here.
The headline changes to the revised offer are:
- 11% over three years with full backpay to 1 October and a $1500 sign on bonus – 4% in year 1, 4% in year and 3% in year 3.
- A commitment to restore buyouts for employees who earn less than 25% above their base salary if sought.
- 3-year agreement from Oct 22 to Oct 25.
- No other significant movement on conditions.
Meeting details will be sent to members so please keep an eye out for. It is important that union members come together this week to discuss the offer and agree on next steps.
CPSU members Protected Action Ballot closes 15 March.
Union members have one week left to vote in the CPSU Protected Action Ballot.
Protected Action Ballot - Instructional video
73% ABC staff voted down management’s proposed offer in November because:
- Pay offer is sub-inflation and not good enough.
- The erosion of current working conditions and legal protections for ABC workers is not good enough.
- Management’s refusal to remedy their repeated non-compliance with the staff agreement is not good enough.
We are currently consulting with union members about the ABC’s revised offer. For more information ABC staff are advised to contact their local CPSU Delegate or Organiser.
Additional fact sheets on claims are being added to this page regularly. For more information please contact a member of the CPSU Bargaining Team:
- Sinddy Ealy, ABC Section Secretary CPSU
- Costa Zouliou, CPSU Delegate Classic FM
- Christine Bratkovic, News Operations
- Nicholas Gledhill, Digital Technology
- Noel Debien, E&S Content Makers
By working together, ABC members have a strong and powerful collective voice to advocate and campaign for a better workplace. We work to ensure you are safe, have fair rights, pay and conditions, and a have a say on the issues that matter to you.
You can be part of that. We know strong union workplaces deliver better conditions, working lives and safer workplaces. Join us today.
You'll find all your news at the bottom of this page.
Your CPSU team